Bored No More—Now You Can Visit ICONSIAM with Five Visit Rules to Follow
Stroll around the iconic shopping mall—but don’t forget to keep your mask on!
Situated near the Chao Phraya River, ICONSIAM is dubbed as the “mother of all malls”, a world-class landmark and one of the largest shopping and entertainment destination in Asia. Just like other malls in Thailand, ICONSIAM which has recently opened now applies the New Normal, New Lifestyle rules in order to prevent COVID-19 transmission in the shopping center area. Here are the five basic rules that visitors need to obey when visiting the ICONSIAM:
- Visitors must always wear a mask when entering the mall area.
- Visitor’s body temperature will be checked before entering the mall. Should your temperature exceed 37.5 degrees Celsius, you are not allowed to enter the mall.
- Use the available hand sanitizer before entering the mall, and scan the QR code available at the reception with your smartphone for tracking purposes.
- Maintain a physical distance from other visitors at least 1.5 meters. Visitors have to stand on the symbol mounted on the floor, and not to sit on a chair that is labeled a ban (X). When visitors riding the elevator, always keep a distance of a minimum two steps from other people.
- The entire mall area will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
Prioritizing the health and safety of customers and employees, ICONSIAM has taken necessary precautionary measures and so far there have been no suspected cases reported. To further reassure customer of its establishments, ICONSIAM also takes stringent safety procedures and has published a set of eight measures to make people feel safer from COVID-19:
- Installing checkpoints for symptoms of the coronavirus with a thermal scanner to detect the human body temperature at the main entrance and exit gates of the shopping centers, mainly at 5 points at ICONSIAM. Thermal scanner devices can detect and measure the body temperature of a group of people from a distance with an accurate report.
- Installing disinfection system and higher frequency of air conditioner cleaning.
- Providing hand sanitizer gel service totaling more than 300 points throughout all the shopping buildings, especially at crowded areas. Disinfectant service is also available in the restrooms apart from foaming hand wash normally provided.
- Adding the number of staff and frequency of cleaning surfaces in public places such as lift push buttons, escalator handrails, restroom handles and every single door handle.
- Employing lift staffs who will clean and push the lift button for customers.
- Providing an emergency service point dedicated to offering help and convenience to any suspected case at the checkpoint for contact tracing and testing.
- To raise awareness and give the employees a special training session about the coronavirus outbreak and how to react appropriately.
- To actively encourage all the employees who give service directly to customers to wear a face mask on duty, as well as installing informative signs in the shopping area to give advice on what to do when having a fever or symptoms.