Terminal 21 Bangkok Embraces the New Normal with Eight Directions for Visitors
The airport-themed shopping mall has implemented a set of safety rules for its guests, as well as campaigning “touchless” culture
Bangkok’s Terminal 21 mall is a travel-themed shopping complex with nine floors and more than 600 “urbanista” shops, restaurants, and an attached five-star hotel Grande Centre Point Sukhumvit. It is a must-visit for shopaholics and tourists who are visiting to Bangkok. The mall has a unique concept which houses several world-famous cities under one roof, such as Paris, Tokyo, London, Istanbul and San Francisco. Stepping inside the mall feels like stepping into a modern airport, with fascinating themes and decorations surrounding the area.
Similar to other shopping centers and tourist destinations which are allowed to reopen as the government has allowed easing on lockdown, Terminal 21 Mall has stated eight basic rules which must be obeyed by customers who are planning to visit the venue. Read on to find out the safety measures to curb the spread of COVID-19.
- Everyone must measure their body temperature before entering the shopping center area and all stores inside the mall. If a person temperature is over 37.5 degrees Celsius, the visitor will not be allowed to enter.
- Clean the feet in disinfectant mats which are available at all entrances of the mall.
- The entrance and exit door are separated, and each has a symbol to maintain a physical distance of 1.5 to 2 meters. Guests must obey this rule by standing on the symbol. This also applies when riding the escalator, guests need to keep a distance of about 3 steps from other people.
- The mall recommends the “touchless” culture or reducing the habit of touching objects. Customers are advised to use electronic payments whenever possible.
- All staffs and customers must wear masks at all times in the mall. Face shields and rubber gloves must be used by staffs who are in contact closely with customers.
- Clean your hands regularly with alcohol-based hand sanitizers available at each entrance as well as screening areas, elevators and corridors. Hand sanitizers are available everywhere, specifically every 100 meters within the shopping mall corridor.
- Customers are required to check-in and scan the QR code, and customer history (name and telephone number) will be recorded to be tracked via ThaiChana.
- All areas in the mall will be cleaned regularly every 30 minutes, especially in areas that are often touched such as elevators, escalators, doors, door and escalator handles, seating areas, bathrooms, and/or multipurpose spaces. Routine cleaning will be conducted weekly throughout the mall area.